The Council for Affordable Health Coverage (CAHC) joined with organizations and the business community to rally around legislation that would make it easier and more affordable for small businesses to offer health benefits to their employees.
In a letter sent to Congress today, 10 organizations called for lawmakers to address the challenges small businesses face with legislation that provides flexibility, regulatory relief, and lower costs.
Solutions highlighted include:
- Association Health Plans Act (AHPA)
- Self Insurance Protection Act (SIPA)
- Creating certainty around Individual Coverage HRAs (ICHRAs)
- Reforming and expanding the existing small business health care tax credit
- Reducing Affordable Care Act reporting requirements