CAHC’s Campaign for Transformative Therapies (CTT) believes that encouraging outcomes-based arrangements (OBAs) for gene therapies is necessary to ensure patients can access these innovative cures.
We will work to remove the policy barriers inhibiting VBAs for gene therapies in both public and private markets.
The following laws need to be reformed to allow coordination on value-based arrangements:
- Medicaid Best Price
- Average Manufacturer Price (AMP)
- Average Sales Price (ASP)
- Anti-Kickback Statute
- Medicaid Pathways for Value-Based Purchasing Agreements for Transformative Therapies
- Click here to watch our webinar, “Unmet Medical Needs: How Gene Therapies Can Help”
- Click here to learn more about our Gene Therapy 101 Virtual Briefing
- CMS Proposed Rule on VBAs- Summary of VBA provisions
- CAHC Letter to CMS re: VBP Proposed Rule
- Backgrounder: Innovative Payment Arrangements 101: Outcomes-Based Arrangements
- Podcast: Click here to listen to NCSL’s Our American States Podcast episode discussing VBAs and Gene Therapies [Spotify link here]
- White Paper: Click here to read CTT’s White Paper on OBAs and related State Activity
- Sign-on Letter: CTT is collecting signatures for a letter in support of H.R. 2666– the Medicaid VBPs for Patients (MVP) Act. If your organization would like to sign-on, click here
- Bill Summary: Click here to view a one-page summary of H.R. 2666- the MVP Act
States with Approved Medicaid Pharmacy Outcomes-Based Arrangements
Contact us to learn more about how your organization can join the Campaign and advocate for near-term solutions to help ensure access to gene therapies.